17 — 30 May 2021
#SOLUspa with Ernest Truely
May 17–30, 2021
SOLU Space, Luotsikatu 13, Helsinki
Appointments available daily from 9:00h to 21:00h
Welcome to #SOLUspa to experience the transformational power of art and hairdressing!
During his micro-residency at SOLU Space, artist Ernest Truely offers visitors art school haircuts, hair styling, henna tattoos and other treatments that transform both body and mind.
Truely, who’s currently based in Helsinki, has been developing his performance art intervention Ernie’s Pop Up Spa in galleries, art festivals and artist residencies in Europe, Russia, and the U.S since 2015. He applies artistic skills and processes to hairdressing - for instance, ways of knowing through feel and intuition.
In his practice, Truely explores touch, trust, intimacy and transformation through participatory, site-specific relational art. He has deepened his knowledge of hairdressing through professional training in Stadin Ammattiopisto in Helsinki.
* Head massage and Art School Haircut 25€
* Posh-Punk Party Hairstyle 25€
* Shock Hair Color 25€
* Hand Poked Micro Tattoo 25€
* Ethnobotanical Eyelash Extensions 10€
* Henna Tattoo 5€
Aura readings are available free with each appointment.
* Services are always free for poets
* Free haircuts for job-seekers and Finnish residence permit applicants are available upon request.
* 15 € discounts on all hair services are available
1) When you arrive for your appointment at SOLU, you can pick up coupons for hair services.
2) In advance of your appointment at SOLU, you may receive a promotional code for hair services by following @erniespopupspa on Instagram and sending him a direct message ‘‘#SOLUspa’
The discounts are supported by Bioart Society.
To find available times, please check the Doodle poll and select your preferred time slot.
After booking your time slot, please contact Ernest directly, so he can give you the details and confirm your appointment.
You can reach Ernest via
instagram @erniespopupspa, or
Please note: Book your appointment 24 hours in advance. If you cancel an appointment less than three hours before your scheduled time, you may unfortunately not book again. Each service takes between one to two hours. Book accordingly for each service you desire.
Young children are welcome when accompanied by adults.
Photo by Michael Miller (2017) from Pikene på Broen / Terminal B in Kirkenes, Norway
Based on the current COVID-19 situation, during appointments, recommended precautions will be observed, such as wearing masks, distancing, and ventilating the space. Face masks and hand sanitizer are available at SOLU space.
Only come to #SOLUspa when healthy. Please cancel your appointment if you’re feeling unwell.
Please find detailed info about accessibility here. If you need assistance during your visit or more info, please email us at email@example.com - we’re happy to help you. We follow safer space guidelines at all our events.